The countdown for the 5th Global Math Challenge has begun!
Are you all ready to join in this international exciting event?
If you have any problem through the registration, the Global Math Challenge team is here to support you.
These are the Frequently Asked Questions about the contest. If you can’t find the answer to your problem, feel free to contact us.
Please click the link of the questions below to see our answer.
- What are the key dates for the contest?
- How do I take part?
- I want to take part as school. How do I register?
- How much is the participation fee?
- What materials do I get for the Standard Plan?
- What currency and payment method can I use?
- I don’t know which course to choose.
- Can I take part with my family?
- Do you have workbooks for preparation?
- Are there any prizes for the contest?
1. What are the key dates for the contest?
A: Here are the key dates for the 5th Global Math Challenge. Be sure to mark them on your calendar!
*The opening and closing time depends on the timezone set by your account.
- Contest Dates
School users: Nov. 27, 9:00 am – Dec. 10, 11:00 pm
Home users: Dec. 1, 9:00 am – Dec. 10, 11:00 pm
- Registration Dates
School&home: Nov. 6 – Dec. 10
2. How do I take part?
A: Please see HERE for details on how to take part.
Global Math Challenge is an online math contest.
As long as you are interested in math or problem-solving, you are all welcome to join in.
If you are taking part as school, please refer to question 3.
3: I want to take part as school. How do I register?
A: Please see HERE for a detailed guide on the registration.
If your school is based in the U.S, you will need a Google Classroom account to sign up. Please create an account and invite your students first, then import their information according to the registration guide.
If you have a large number of students to enter, please drop us a line so that we can help you on the registration process.
4. How much is the participation fee?
A: If you are signed up as a Home user, you can choose from the Trial Plan which is for free, or the Standard Plan which is $12 per account.
If you are signed up as a School user, it’s $19 per Class Pack. You can enter up to 10 students with 1 Class Pack, so for example, if you have 16 students, you will need to purchase 2 Class Packs.
Please see HERE for the difference between the plans.
5. What materials do I get for the Standard Plan?
A: You will receive the following 3 materials to improve your skills.
- Detailed answer analysis to help you push your skills to the next level
- In-depth, step-by-step illustrated explanations for each and every puzzle
- The GMC Workbook, packed full of puzzles from previous contests
6. What currency and payment method can I use?
A: We accept payments in US dollars, Japanese yen and Chinese Renminbi.
Please see HERE for details on acceptable payment methods.
7. I don’t know which course to choose.
A: There are 5 different courses according to the difficulty levels.
We recommend you try some sample puzzles in order to choose the most suitable course for you.
8. Can I take part with my family?
A: Yes, you certainly can! To participate with your family, please create a Home account. You can register up to 4 people per account for free.
You and your family can each select a different course.
If you are under 13, please ask your parents or guardians to sign up for you.
For those of you who have an account and would like to add more “Challengers”, please log in and register from HERE.
9. Do you have workbooks for preparation?
A: If you are signed up for the Standard Plan or the School Plan, you can download the GMC workbooks from My Page – we picked up some of the best puzzles from the past editions. See a sample HERE.
If you need more training, or if you are signed up for the Trial Plan, try out some our Mini Math Challenges.
10. Are there any prizes for the contest?
A: You will receive a digital certificate after the contest.
Based on your score, participants in the top 1% will receive a Gold, the top 5% a Silver, and the top 20% a Bronze certificates. You can print out the certificate from My Page as a proof of your effort.